Directs, coordinates, and performs production activities of a specific value stream in industrial organization by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews, prioritizes, and sequences dispatch schedules generated by the Materials and Scheduling Team to meet customer scheduled delivery dates. Identifies personnel requirements to complete the schedule for the shift. Coordinates with HR and the OM to get additional resources if need be. Identifies to the OM operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems in the VS to minimize costs and prevent operational delays review quality issues and corrective actions.
- Conducts weekly meetings reviewing/setting goals for the following performance measures. 6-S, On-time, Utilization, Workload, Resource needs, Team member concerns, CI, Quality, Safety, MRO.
- Completes weekly audits in their areas for Preventive Maintenance schedules, LPA (Layer Process Audits).
- Continuous Improvement: work on set up reductions, own the value stream map of the area, create and maintain standard work, create and maintain work instructions, work on WIP reductions, inventory reductions, production smoothing.
- Determines the skill and knowledge requirements of each team member in the VS in conjunction with the OM. Schedules appropriate training with Process Trainer.
- Performs frequent quality inspections with new team members; team members unfamiliar with the product; and problem parts identified by the Quality Team Facilitator. Responsible in addressing all quality issues (internal and customer) with team members. Identifies preventive and corrective actions to ensure mistakes do not happen again. Complete 8-D process on quality issues or process related issues.
- Completion of TEA or Dale Carnegie leadership training program. Has been or is involved with a user group to help bring new ideas into DeWys.
- Responsible to start up equipment at week beginning and ensure equipment is shut down at end of week.
- Performs reviews in conjunction with the OM. Conducts counseling for employees. Identifies personnel issues to the OM.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school with 5 or more years experience in manufacturing, preferably metal fabrication; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Leadership training.