Skilled Trades & Manufacturing Jobs in Grand Rapids
DeWys Manufacturing continues to grow right here in West Michigan. To do so, we need dedicated team members who are capable of performing our type of precision manufacturing and fabrication jobs. We need people in of future team members in a variety of skilled trades occupations looking for an opportunity of growth, development, and advancement throughout their career. Along with a range of growth opportunities, we offer a variety of benefits including flexible scheduling, air-conditioned shop, and the benefits listed on the right of the screen.
At DeWys Mfg. we are focusing more on our culture as we continue to grow and move further down our road to success. The three main principles that make up DeWys’ Cultural Road to Success are Values, Attitude, and Beliefs. We feel that finding the right fit within a new hire is important for both DeWys and the new team member.
A list of open positions are included below. We offer on the job training through DeWys University to help you grow in your career here, as well as competitive pay up to $25 and full benefits.
Be sure to check back often for new openings throughout DeWys. If you’re looking to get started in a new position or through DeWys University, please complete the application to get started.
DeWys Manufacturing is looking to add YOU to one of the following positions:
*We prefer NCRC Accreditations*
- General clerical support for a variety of departments including accounting, order entry, event planning, etc.
- Will be managing the front desk duties including phone coverage, sorting mail, and welcoming customers and the community into DeWys Mfg.
- Must be able to communicate well with anyone that comes to the front desk
- Must be good with computer software like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Must able to maintain confidential information
- Prefer full time but part time is a possibility
- Continually drive LEAN activities in the office to streamline the flow of work and give faster service to our customers
- Responsible for the development and growth of customers with coordination with the Business Development Manager (BDM)
- Manages and trains estimating, inside sales and house sales on the best sales methods to ensure increased sales from existing customers as well as new customers
- Gathers sales data and validates, determines time periods involved for future requirements, identifies possible new markets, quality issues, customer concerns and competition to be used by the Sales Manager and President in preparing sales forecasts and marketing plans
- Coordinates all sales representatives activities with the BDM, as the contact person for information in and out of DeWys Manufacturing.
- Review all requests for quotes prepared by the estimator before they are submitted to the customer
- Work with finance and estimator in updating and management of ABC costing system
- Identifies the need for product start-up launch meetings with Inside Sales and coordinates the launch of new projects
- Define the expectations of what is “exemplary customer service” so that everyone in DeWys Manufacturing knows what the customer expects.
- Must have a bachelors of Science degree from a four-year college or university
- Must have 5 or more years of related experience in sales/marketing or customer service
- Needs to be a team player that continuously demonstrates a desire to improve the performance and disciplines of the sales team
- Must have strong computer skills and the ability to develop good planning skills
- Need to be able to read, analyze, and interpret blueprints, engineering specifications, requests for quotes, technical journals, financial reports and legal documents
- Must be able to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Prefer manufacturing experience
- Looking for additional welders to participate in the DeWys University training program
- Will be MIG welding on a variety of products and parts
- Must have some MIG welding experience and be willing to grind parts as necessary
- Looking for a 2nd shift general machine operator
- Will be trained to operate Haegers, Spot Welders, and other pieces of equipment.
- Must be willing to work the required shift and overtime as necessary
- Must have prior machining experience or training
- Must have CNC Lathe and Mill experience
- Prefer experience in Haas Mills
- Must have math skills and ability to read a blue print
- Will be using a variety of general machines to cut, saw and tap material
- Looking for 1st & 2nd shift powder coaters for the powder coating paint line
- Candidates for this position must have 6 months of powder coating experience
- Must also have good communication skills
- Willing to work overtime as necessary
- Responsible for setting up and operating a robotic welder
- Also expected to grind parts as needed
- Prior weld experience or training is preferred
We now have two locations: DeWys Main and
DeWys Northridge Facilities
General Office Assistant – 1st Shift
DeWys Manufacturing is looking for someone that is professional and positive to be the General Office Assistant in our growing office environment. The following duties and requirements are just a few tasks that this new hire will be assigned:
Business Development Sales Coordinator – 1st Shift at DeWys Main Facility
DeWys Manufacturing is a 40 year old growing company that is looking for a sales oriented and customer service driven team member for a newly created Business Development Coordinator position. The following is a brief description of a few of the duties the right candidate will be involved in to continue our growth for the next 40 years.
Welder – 2nd Shift at DeWys Main Facility
DeWys Manufacturing is looking for someone who is willing to learn MIG, TIG, & Robotic Welding to advance their career.
To find out more information about DeWys University Welding training click here.
General Machine Operator – 2nd Shift at DeWys Main Facility
DeWys Manufacturing is looking for a team member with good critical thinking skills and the drive to grow with the company.
Machinist – 3rd Shift at DeWys Main Facility
DeWys Manufacturing is looking for a team member that can bring knowledge and experience from the CNC Machining world to our company.
Powder Coater – 1st Shift and 2nd Shift at DeWys Main Facility
For more information on powder coating, click here.
Robot Operator – 1st Shift and 2nd Shift at DeWys Main Facility
DeWys Manufacturing is looking for someone with the desire to understand the advancements in robotic welding technology.
For information on DeWys University training click here.