Skilled Trades & Manufacturing Jobs in Grand Rapids
DeWys Manufacturing continues to grow right here in West Michigan. To do so, we need dedicated team members who are capable of performing our type of precision manufacturing and fabrication jobs. We need people in of future team members in a variety of skilled trades occupations looking for an opportunity of growth, development, and advancement throughout their career. Along with a range of growth opportunities, we offer a variety of benefits including flexible scheduling, air-conditioned shop, and the benefits listed on the right of the screen.
At DeWys Mfg. we are focusing more on our culture as we continue to grow and move further down our road to success. The three main principles that make up DeWys’ Cultural Road to Success are Values, Attitude, and Beliefs. We feel that finding the right fit within a new hire is important for both DeWys and the new team member.
A list of open positions are included below. We offer on the job training through DeWys University to help you grow in your career here, as well as competitive pay up to $25 and full benefits.
Be sure to check back often for new openings throughout DeWys. If you’re looking to get started in a new position or through DeWys University, please complete the application to get started.
DeWys Manufacturing is looking to add YOU to one of the following positions:
*We prefer NCRC Accreditations*
- Responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing production on the paint line.
- Work closely with team members to increase skill set, improve moral, and provide assistance as necessary
- Perform team member reviews and implement disciplinary action as needed
- Must have previous leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
- Prefer powder coating experience
- Must have good written and communication skills
- Must be able to work with a variety of team members, management, and customers
- Looking for someone with experience working on a powder coating paint line. Preferably on a Nordson Powder Coating System
- Must have good communication and trouble shooting skills
- Must be able to work with team members to improve quality and efficiency of the paint line
- Looking for additional welders to participate in the DeWys University training program
- Will be MIG welding on a variety of products and parts
- Must have some MIG welding experience and be willing to grind parts as necessary
- Looking for a 1st, 2nd, & Weekend shift general machine operator
- Will be trained to operate Haegers, Spot Welders, and other pieces of equipment.
- Must be willing to work the required shift and overtime as necessary
- Must have prior machining experience or training
- Must have CNC Lathe and Mill experience
- Prefer experience in Haas Mills
- Must have math skills and ability to read a blue print
- Will be using a variety of general machines to cut, saw and tap material
- Looking for a candidate that is detail oriented with good communication skills for a 2nd shift assembly position
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to take direction and follow blue prints
- Prior assembly experience is preferred
- Looking for 1st & 2nd shift powder coaters for the powder coating paint line
- Candidates for this position must have 6 months of powder coating experience
- Must also have good communication skills
- Willing to work overtime as necessary
- Learn how to operate a Bystronic Press Brake through the DeWys University training program
- Must have math and blue print reading skills
- Prior experience in operating a press brake is preferred
- Responsible for setting up and operating a robotic welder
- Also expected to grind parts as needed
- Prior weld experience or training is preferred
We now have two locations: DeWys Main and
DeWys Northridge Facilities
Team Lead – 2nd Shift at DeWys Main Facility
Paint Line Tech – 1st Shift at DeWys Main Facility
Welder – 1st, 2nd, and Weekend Shifts at DeWys Main Facility
DeWys Manufacturing is looking for someone who is willing to learn MIG, TIG, & Robotic Welding to advance their career.
To find out more information about DeWys University Welding training click here.
General Machine Operator – 1st, 2nd, and Weekend Shifts at DeWys Main Facility
DeWys Manufacturing is looking for a team member with good critical thinking skills and the drive to grow with the company.
Machinist – 3rd Shift and Weekend Shift at DeWys Main Facility
DeWys Manufacturing is looking for a team member that can bring knowledge and experience from the CNC Machining world to our company.
Assembly – 1st shift at DeWys Main Facility
Powder Coater – 1st Shift and 2nd Shift at DeWys Main Facility
For more information on powder coating, click here.
Press Brake Operators – 1st, 2nd and Weekend Shifts at DeWys Main Facility
To find out more information about DeWys University Press Brake training click here.
Robot Operator – 1st Shift and 2nd Shift at DeWys Main Facility
DeWys Manufacturing is looking for someone with the desire to understand the advancements in robotic welding technology.
For information on DeWys University training click here.