Skilled Trades & Manufacturing Jobs in Grand Rapids
DeWys Manufacturing continues to grow right here in West Michigan. To do so, we need dedicated team members who are capable of performing our type of precision manufacturing and fabrication jobs. We need people in of future team members in a variety of skilled trades occupations looking for an opportunity of growth, development, and advancement throughout their career. Along with a range of growth opportunities, we offer a variety of benefits including flexible scheduling, air-conditioned shop, and the benefits listed on the right of the screen.
At DeWys Mfg. we are focusing more on our culture as we continue to grow and move further down our road to success. The three main principles that make up DeWys’ Cultural Road to Success are Values, Attitude, and Beliefs. We feel that finding the right fit within a new hire is important for both DeWys and the new team member.
A list of open positions are included below. We offer on the job training through DeWys University to help you grow in your career here, as well as competitive pay up to $25 and full benefits.
Be sure to check back often for new openings throughout DeWys. If you’re looking to get started in a new position or through DeWys University, please complete the application to get started.
DeWys Manufacturing is looking to add YOU to one of the following positions:
*We prefer NCRC Accreditations*
- Create and maintain consistent clear set up instructions. Create the standard template or method to communicate to the operators how the machines, fixturing and part processes are to be used.
- Program management. Create programs needed for the process using a standard method and any logic needed for the set up. Set up levels of password protection per operator. Create process to pull any program down on any process.
- Develop solutions and determine proper weld sequences for cycle time and part requirement
- Calibration of equipment. Weekly or daily if needed calibration completed to maintain accuracy of the equipment to help maintain the accuracy of the programs
- Condition of equipment. Monitor and maintain working condition of equipment to ensure that it is in proper use.
- Training. Complete training needed for operators to ensure they have skills needed to complete their daily tasks. Audit and evaluate operators daily to validate they are following standard procedures put in place.
- Tooling. Work with the engineering / jig / quoting to develop cost effective tooling that is repeatable and productive.
- Review product design and implement labor / quality improvements. Support customer design to build in MFG ease.
- Reduce labor cost by improving product, processes or converting product over to automated methods.
- Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school with 5 or more years experience in manufacturing, preferably metal fabrication; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Leadership training.
- Will need minimal of 2-3 years of Robotic / automation experience
- Prefer someone with CWI or CWE certifications
- Impact acquisition and retention through:
- Participation in all recruitment activities
- Schedule and conduct first round interviews
- New hire training
- Onboarding/orientation of all team members
- Provides assistance to DeWys team members and leadership through:
- Maintaining employee files and all information
- Assist with answering questions on insurance, benefits and FMLA
- Work with leadership on all disciplinary issues
- Integral part of the DeWys culture by:
- Leading committees
- Plan internal and external events for team members
- Lead safety initiatives through:
- Leading safety meetings
- Working with proper people to fix safety concerns
- Update and maintain safety and employee files
- Handle electronic filing requirements, worker compensation claims
- Provide support in various other ways such as mandatory reporting requirements
- Update professional HR knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and seminars
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or related field is required.
- Must have at least 3 years of Human Resource experience.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all team members.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents. Ability to effectively present information, communicates and responds to questions from team members of all levels.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete and abstract variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Must possess good problem-solving skills.
- Create and maintain consistent clear set up instructions. Create the standard template or method to communicate to the operators how the machine and fixturing is used.
- Monitor and maintain working condition of equipment to ensure that it is in proper use. Ensure the condition of machines are maintained. Work injunction with maintenance to ensure equipment is maintained in the correct condition. Responsible for all paint line based PM’s; forecasting, scheduling and PM closure.
- Complete or assist in training needed for operators to ensure they have skills needed to complete their daily tasks. This can included pre-hang, load, application, vault, inspection, unload, packaging and completion of paint process PM’s. The training completed is to ensure that the team members can accomplish their goals/ metrics.
- Reduce chemical and or water usage to lowest points possible for environmental gains and or cost savings in chemical usage(s).
- Must have good communication and trouble shooting skills
- Must be able to work with team members to improve quality and efficiency of the paint line
- Looking for someone with experience working on a powder coating paint line. Preferably on a Nordson Powder Coating System
- Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school with 5 or more years experience in manufacturing, preferably metal fabrication; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Leadership training. Will need minimal of 3 years’ experience in the specific area.
Manages and Monitors all welding equipment and process to ensure they are meeting or exceeding set goals for production and quality standards. This will entail all welding processes mig.tig, Grinding, Spot weld, material handling, stud welding. Reduce manual labor cost & improve quality by improving the processes and or documentation..
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Will work in conjunction with the team leads to ensure the welding machines and operators are achieving established goals for throughput and quality. Will work in conjunction with jigs and fixture department to ensure the fixtures needed for the jobs are adequate to meet production needs, quality requirements and repeatability standards. Will work injunction with estimating to ensure we can achieve cost effective quotes to meet processes. Will work with the team leads to ensure we can train and keep our employee skill and knowledge to set goals.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Senior Human Resource Generalist – 1st Shift
DeWys Manufacturing Inc. is a metal fabricator and supplier focused on providing complete metal solutions to its customers and leveraging long-term growth strategies in an innovative environment. The advancement of our processes, supporting each-others character, centralizing customers, and developing the skills of the DeWys team furthers our commitment to the success and safety of all stakeholders. Located in Marne MI, the 200+ team members of DeWys Manufacturing delivers on high quality and tangible results.
Successful leaders at DeWys Manufacturing value the commitment to a highly functioning team while recognizing their influence on impacting the big picture and bottom line. Our work is important, our people are important.
We are currently seeking a Senior HR Generalist who will support the human resource department and organization as a whole by collaborating with different levels of leadership. As the HR generalist you accountable for impacting acquisition and retention, providing assistance to team members, play an integral part in company culture, implementing safety initiatives along with developing personal career goals.
Duties and responsibilities include: (other duties may be assigned)
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate typical of a normal office environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member works in an office environment. Team member is required to work on a personal computer on a regular basis, including viewing documents for extended periods of time on a computer monitor. Close vision capabilities are required. Team member will occasionally consult with shop floor team members. May be required to lift up to 10 pounds.
This job has no direct reports.
Paint Line Technician – 1st Shift
Manages and monitors all equipment and associated paint processes to ensure they are meeting or exceeding set goals for safety, quality, production and or line speed / density. Assisting in improve skills set for all operators and support operators in all processes, standard operating procedures, quality, pre-hang, loading, inspection and unload/packaging. The paint line technician will be the go-to authority for paint line based PM schedules, completion and PM forecasting which will include the line lubrication system, wash, ovens and application room(s).
Essential Duties and responsibilities
Will work in conjunction with the team leads and Business Unit Manager to ensure the machines and operators are achieving established goals. Will work injunction with estimating to ensure cost effective quotes to meet processes. Will work with the team leads and operators to keep employee skill and knowledge to established goals.
Education and/or Experience