Skilled Trades & Manufacturing Jobs in Grand Rapids
DeWys Manufacturing continues to grow right here in West Michigan. To do so, we need dedicated team members who are capable of performing our style of precision manufacturing and fabrication careers. We need people for a variety of skilled trades occupations looking for an opportunity of growth, development, and advancement throughout their career. Along with a range of growth opportunities, we offer a variety of benefits including flexible scheduling, air-conditioned shop, and the benefits listed on the right of the screen.
A list of open positions are included below. DeWys Manufacturing offers on the job training through DeWys University to help you grow in your careers here, as well as competitive pay up to $25/hr and full benefits.
Be sure to check back often for new openings at DeWys Mfg.. If you’re looking to get started in a new position or through DeWys University, please complete the application to get started.
DeWys Manufacturing is looking to add YOU to one of the following positions:
*We prefer NCRC Accreditations*
- This person will be immersed in various activities from answering calls to helping with invoicing.
- This person will work closely with all members of the accounting department who oversee accounting functions for DeWys and our sister company.
- Prior experience is not necessary but they must be in an accounting program.
- There is flexibility on hours and can work towards full-time for the summer as well.
- Plan and implement company talent acquisition strategy
- Communicate regularly with HR department, Leadership and Team Leads to get a clear view of company’s hiring needs and organizational goals
- Manage recruitment, interview, and selection procedures. Evaluate applications, including screening calls, assessments and in-person interviews using Applicant Tracking System
- Design and conduct sourcing activities to fill open positions through online company career portals, recruitment sites, job boards, social platforms, as well as print media, posters, and flyers, when required.
- Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruitment plans and implementation; recalibrate where needed
- Lead employer branding initiatives at various internal and external events, like career fairs, on-campus recruiting events, networking, and community events.
- Build long-term relationships with past, present, and potential candidates utilizing various methods of communication to remain engaged in current or future opportunities.
- Proactively seek market intelligence to gain competitive advantage in attraction, assessment, and sourcing methodologies
- Research talent acquisition trends and suggest new ideas for improving talent acquisition activities
- Generate monthly updates for company’s leadership about upcoming talent acquisition initiatives
- Create monthly reports on key talent acquisition metrics
- Create and implement yearly engagement activities to improve retention
- Perform new hire touch points as well as Stay interviews throughout first year of new hire. Use information to work with HR and leadership to determine future improvements or potential issues for a team member.
- Participate in ACCT committee and any other activities that promote culture for team members
- Review and design job descriptions working with the appropriate teams and create interview questions that reflect each position’s requirements
- Perform Exit Interviews as needed to better understand and address issues affecting retention
- Counsel the candidate on company benefits, salary, and company environment
- Administer hiring paperwork for new employees
- Participate in orientation processes
- Work closely with HR team to develop creative ways for addressing talent acquisition and retention strategies as well as culture initiatives
- Provide help as needed in the HR department and general HR activities and any other duties that might be assigned.
- BS in Human Resources Management or relevant field
- Proven work experience as a Talent Acquisition Specialist for 3 years or similar role
- Ability to create innovative advertising that attracts candidates to DeWys.
- Working knowledge of effective hiring platforms such as social media, resume databases and professional networks
- Experience in creating awareness of the company brand and establishing professional relationships.
- Hands-on experience with full-cycle recruitment process using various interview techniques and evaluation methods
- Ability to travel for recruitment meetings, college visits, and career fairs – maintain a flexible work schedule
- Knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems (ATSs)
- Excellent verbal and written communication as well as interpersonal skills
- Impactful presentation style
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload
- Creative thinker and proactive problem solver
- Prefer someone with maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must have prior preventative maintenance experience
- Must be able to perform maintenance on a variety of CNC Machines
- Must have good trouble shooting, problem solving, and communication skills
- Assisting in determining packaging, primary stock locations, and vendor packaging of material
- Manage flow of work from one area to another
- Release made to stock orders and work to cells
- Kit and pre-issue material for cell areas
- Other duties as assigned
- Must possess a valid Michigan drivers license
- Must have two years of previous experience (preferably in a manufacturing setting)
- Must have completed high school level education
- Required to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Must be able to create and analyze data using spreadsheet software as well as publish a document using Microsoft Word
- Looking for a 1st shift and 2nd shift general machine operator
- Will be trained to operate Haegers, Spot Welders, and other pieces of equipment.
- Must be willing to work the required shift and overtime as necessary
- Candidates for this position must have 6 months of powder coating experience
- Must also have good communication skills
- Willing to work overtime as necessary
- Learn how to operate a Bystronic Press Brake through the DeWys University training program
- Must have math and blue print reading skills
- Prior experience in operating a press brake is preferred
- Responsible for setting up and operating a robotic welder
- Also expected to grind parts as needed
- Prior weld experience or training is preferred
DeWys Manufacturing, Inc. is looking for a part-time Accounting intern to help with accounts payable and receivable activities.
Talent Attraction and Culture Ambassador
We are looking for a Talent Attraction and Culture Ambassador to join our Human Resources department and oversee our full cycle recruiting and culture initiatives.
Talent Attraction and Culture Ambassador responsibilities include sourcing candidates through various channels, planning interview and selection procedures and hosting or participating in career events. To be successful in this role, you should be able to develop long-term recruiting strategies and nurture trusting relationships with potential hires as well as current team members.
Ultimately, you will create strong talent pipelines for our company’s current and future hiring needs and maintain strong connections with team members through culture driven initiatives.
Talent Acquisition Responsibilities:
Culture Concierge Responsibilities:
General HR Responsibilities:
Maintenance – Weekend Shift
Within our culture at DeWys Mfg. we value the advancement of our processes, respecting character, being customer centric and empowering our talent. We are looking to add someone who has the ability to work independently to join our maintenance team! We want YOU to grow within the maintenance department for our industry leading manufacturing company.
Work hours are from 5 am to 5 pm on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
Material Handler – 2nd Shift
Responsibilities will include:
General Machine Operator – (1st, 2nd & Weekend shift)
DeWys Manufacturing is looking for a team member with good critical thinking skills and the drive to grow with the company.
Powder Coater – 1st, 2nd & Weekend Shift
For more information on powder coating, click here.
Press Brake Operators – 1st & 2nd Shift
To find out more information about DeWys University Press Brake training click here.
Robot Operator – 1st Shift
DeWys Manufacturing is looking for someone with the desire to understand the advancements in robotic welding technology.
For information on DeWys University training click here.