Skilled Trades & Manufacturing Jobs in Grand Rapids
DeWys Manufacturing continues to grow right here in West Michigan. To do so, we need dedicated team members who are capable of performing our type of precision manufacturing and fabrication jobs. We need people in of future team members in a variety of skilled trades occupations looking for an opportunity of growth, development, and advancement throughout their career. Along with a range of growth opportunities, we offer a variety of benefits including flexible scheduling, air-conditioned shop, and the benefits listed on the right of the screen.
At DeWys Mfg. we are focusing more on our culture as we continue to grow and move further down our road to success. The three main principles that make up DeWys’ Cultural Road to Success are Values, Attitude, and Beliefs. We feel that finding the right fit within a new hire is important for both DeWys and the new team member.
A list of open positions are included below. We offer on the job training through DeWys University to help you grow in your career here, as well as competitive pay up to $25 and full benefits.
Be sure to check back often for new openings throughout DeWys. If you’re looking to get started in a new position or through DeWys University, please complete the application to get started.
DeWys Manufacturing is looking to add YOU to one of the following positions:
*We prefer NCRC Accreditations*
- Responsible for the growth and development of approximately 30 team members on two shifts, including Inspection and Powder Coating Technician
- Ensure the safety of all team members of the Powder Coating area
- Work with the company Master Scheduler to maintain a customer on time of 97.5% or higher. Evaluating and identifying capacity needs to meet customer demand without having team members work more than 45-50 hours a week
- Cost of quality setting goals & targets for the Powder Coating team to achieve company goals. Cost of quality consists of customer returns, internal scrap, and rework
- VA (Value Add): Setting targets to maintain and utilize labor within the Powder Coating line to achieve value add target
- Building the DeWys culture through the Road to Success, improving annual Powder Coating team member survey year over year to create the best place to work in West Michigan
- Determines the skill and knowledge requirements of each team member on the Powder Coating team to achieve a level 4 along with an area competency higher than 80%. Create career paths for all team members within the Powder Coating team that is maintained through their yearly review process & monthly one on ones working with the point people
- Meeting or exceeding shop capacity goals that fulfill customer demand needs
- Setting the vision with the Powder Coating departmental plan that aligns with the corporate Road to Success. This includes future equipment needs, incorporating department layout into overall material flow and leading DeWys Mfg. Powder Coating into the future
- Completion of leadership training program. Has been or is involved with a user group to help bring new ideas into DeWys Mfg. Continual education pertaining to the position minimum of 40hrs. per year
- Assisting in determining packaging, primary stock locations, and vendor packaging of material
- Manage flow of work from one area to another
- Release made to stock orders and work to cells
- Kit and pre-issue material for cell areas
- Other duties as assigned
- Prefer someone with maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must have prior preventative maintenance experience
- Must be able to perform maintenance on a variety of CNC Machines
- Must have good trouble shooting, problem solving, and communication skills
- Looking for a 2nd shift and Weekend shift general machine operator
- Will be trained to operate Haegers, Spot Welders, and other pieces of equipment.
- Must be willing to work the required shift and overtime as necessary
- Looking for a 2nd shift powder coaters for the powder coating paint line
- Candidates for this position must have 6 months of powder coating experience
- Must also have good communication skills
- Willing to work overtime as necessary
- Learn how to operate a Bystronic Press Brake through the DeWys University training program
- Must have math and blue print reading skills
- Prior experience in operating a press brake is preferred
- Responsible for setting up and operating a robotic welder
- Also expected to grind parts as needed
- Prior weld experience or training is preferred
Powder Coating Department Supervisor
Oversees all aspects of operation for internal powder coating line to meet performance metrics, Corporate Road to Success and departmental Road to Success. Powder Coating is part of a Circle of Companies within the parent company of DeWys Manufacturing.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned).
Care to help each team member to achieve personal, professional and financial goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school with 5 or more years experience in manufacturing, preferably metal fabrication; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Leadership training.
Material Handler – 3rd Shift at DeWys Main Facility
Responsibilities will include:
Must possess a valid Michigan drivers license
Must have two years of previous experience (preferably in a manufacturing setting)
Must have completed high school level education
Required to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
Must be able to create and analyze data using spreadsheet software as well as publish a document using Microsoft Word.
Maintenance – 2nd Shift at DeWys Main Facility
Within our culture at DeWys Mfg. we value the advancement of our processes, respecting character, being customer centric and empowering our talent. We are looking to add someone who has the ability to work independently to join our maintenance team! We want YOU to grow within the maintenance department for our industry leading manufacturing company.
General Machine Operator – 2nd & Weekend Shift at DeWys Main Facility
DeWys Manufacturing is looking for a team member with good critical thinking skills and the drive to grow with the company.
Powder Coater – 2nd Shift at DeWys Main Facility
For more information on powder coating, click here.
Press Brake Operators – 2nd and Weekend Shifts at DeWys Main Facility
To find out more information about DeWys University Press Brake training click here.
Robot Operator – 2nd Shift and Weekend Shift at DeWys Main Facility
DeWys Manufacturing is looking for someone with the desire to understand the advancements in robotic welding technology.
For information on DeWys University training click here.