Skilled Trades & Manufacturing Jobs in Grand Rapids
DeWys Manufacturing continues to grow right here in West Michigan. To do so, we need dedicated team members who are capable of performing our type of precision manufacturing and fabrication jobs. We need people in of future team members in a variety of skilled trades occupations looking for an opportunity of growth, development, and advancement throughout their career. Along with a range of growth opportunities, we offer a variety of benefits including flexible scheduling, air-conditioned shop, and the benefits listed on the right of the screen.
At DeWys Mfg. we are focusing more on our culture as we continue to grow and move further down our road to success. The three main principles that make up DeWys’ Cultural Road to Success are Values, Attitude, and Beliefs. We feel that finding the right fit within a new hire is important for both DeWys and the new team member.
A list of open positions are included below. We offer on the job training through DeWys University to help you grow in your career here, as well as competitive pay up to $25 and full benefits.
Be sure to check back often for new openings throughout DeWys. If you’re looking to get started in a new position or through DeWys University, please complete the application to get started.
DeWys Manufacturing is looking to add YOU to one of the following positions:
*We prefer NCRC Accreditations*
- Responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the maintenance team.
- Work closely with team members to increase skill set, improve morale, and provide assistance as necessary
- Perform team member reviews and implement disciplinary action as needed
- Must have previous leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
- Prefer maintenance experience
- Must have good written and communication skills
- Must be able to work with a variety of team members, management, and customers
- Assisting in determining packaging, primary stock locations, and vendor packaging of material
- Manage flow of work from one area to another
- Release made to stock orders and work to cells
- Kit and pre-issue material for cell areas
- Other duties as assigned
- Prefer someone with maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must have prior preventative maintenance experience
- Must be able to perform maintenance on a variety of CNC Machines
- Must have good trouble shooting, problem solving, and communication skills
- Looking for a 2nd shift powder coaters for the powder coating paint line
- Candidates for this position must have 6 months of powder coating experience
- Must also have good communication skills
- Willing to work overtime as necessary
- Learn how to operate a Bystronic Press Brake through the DeWys University training program
- Must have math and blue print reading skills
- Prior experience in operating a press brake is preferred
- Responsible for setting up and operating a robotic welder
- Also expected to grind parts as needed
- Prior weld experience or training is preferred
Maintenance Team Lead – 1st shift at DeWys Main Facility
Material Handler – 3rd Shift at DeWys Main Facility
Responsibilities will include:
Must possess a valid Michigan drivers license
Must have two years of previous experience (preferably in a manufacturing setting)
Must have completed high school level education
Required to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
Must be able to create and analyze data using spreadsheet software as well as publish a document using Microsoft Word.
Maintenance – 3rd Shift at DeWys Main Facility
Within our culture at DeWys Mfg. we value the advancement of our processes, respecting character, being customer centric and empowering our talent. We are looking to add someone who has the ability to work independently to join our maintenance team! We want YOU to grow within the maintenance department for our industry leading manufacturing company.
Powder Coater – 1st Shift and 2nd Shift at DeWys Main Facility
For more information on powder coating, click here.
Press Brake Operators – 2nd and Weekend Shifts at DeWys Main Facility
To find out more information about DeWys University Press Brake training click here.
Robot Operator – 2nd Shift and Weekend Shift at DeWys Main Facility
DeWys Manufacturing is looking for someone with the desire to understand the advancements in robotic welding technology.
For information on DeWys University training click here.