Skilled Trades & Manufacturing Jobs in Grand Rapids
DeWys Manufacturing continues to grow right here in West Michigan. To do so, we need dedicated team members who are capable of our type of precision manufacturing and fabrication jobs. These are skilled trades with the need for MIG & TIG Welders, brake press operators, fabricators, paint line workers, quality and more – all for the production of quality metal products and components for our customers.
A list of open positions are included below. We offer on the job training through DeWys University to help you grow in your career here. And, you’ll find competitive pay, benefits and a great company culture.
Be sure to check back often for new openings throughout DeWys. If you’re looking to get started in a new position or through DeWys University, please complete the application to get started.
DeWys Manufacturing is looking to add YOU to one of the following positions:
*We prefer NCRC Accreditations*
- Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Network and application server up time
- Orchestrate system upgrades
- Computer deployment
- Network and system troubleshooting
- Develop cost effective hardware solutions that provide value to the company
- Printer maintenance
- General help desk duties
- Must have a four year bachelor degree
- Must have Microsoft Windows, Azure, 0365 and Unix proficiency
- Must be able to solve complex unique problems and think outside of the box
- Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Programming turrets, lasers, press brakes, robots, and haeger
- Assisting in developing and implementing work center and product process improvements
- Reviews, prioritize, and sequences dispatch schedules generated by the materials and scheduling teams to meet our customers delivery dates
- Interpret drawings to write programs for CNC machines that include proper methodology, tooling, cutting speeds and fees in order to generate quality parts in accordance with production standards
- Monitor and verify the accuracy of each job’s initial setup and outcome
- Revise programs and documentation based on engineering changes
- This position requires a minimum of five years experience operating manual machines or CNC machines in a manufacturing environment and two years experience directly related to CNC programming
- Must have a good working knowledge of manufacturing processes, procedures, and documentation
- Must be capable of reading and understanding blue prints and diagrams.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems as they occur
- Must have working knowledge or use of computer software to include, but not limited to Excel, Word, AutoCAD, Camworks, Solidworks, Sigma Nest, ByBend and any off line programming
- Responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing all production detail, quality, and job requirements of 2nd shift team members
- Work closely with team members to increase skill set, improve moral, and provide assistance as necessary
- Perform team member reviews and implement disciplinary action as needed
- Must have previous leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must have good written and communication skills
- Must be able to work with a variety of team members, management, and customers
- Must have working experience in welding, press brakes, machines, etc.
- Looking for additional welders to participate in the DeWys University training program
- Will be MIG welding on a variety of products and parts
- Must have some MIG welding experience and be willing to grind parts as necessary
- Must have prior machining experience or training
- Must have CNC Lathe and Mill experience
- Prefer experience in Haas Mills
- Must have math skills and ability to read a blue print
- Will be using a variety of general machines to cut, saw and tap material
- Learn how to operate a Bystronic Press Brake through the DeWys University training program
- Must have math and blue print reading skills
- Prior experience in operating a press brake is preferred
We now have two locations: DeWys Main and
DeWys Northridge Facilities
Entry Level Positions – 1st, 2nd, 3rd, & Weekend Shifts at DeWys Main Facility
Currently offering a variety of entry level opportunities to learn a skills trade.
Must be willing to participate in training through DeWys University and become a motivated team member to help fulfill customer needs.
System Administrator – 1st Shift at DeWys Main Facility
CNC Programmer – 1st Shift at DeWys Main Facility
Team Lead – 2nd Shift at DeWys Main Facility
Welding – 2nd Shift at DeWys Main Facility
To find out more information about DeWys University Welding training click here.
Machinist – 2nd Shift and 3rd Shift at DeWys Main Facility
Press Brake Operators – 2nd & Weekend Shifts at DeWys Main Facility
To find out more information about DeWys University Press Brake training click here.