Skilled Trades & Manufacturing Jobs in Grand Rapids
$1,000 Sign On Bonus for experienced operators
DeWys Manufacturing continues to grow right here in West Michigan. To do so, we need dedicated team members who are capable of our type of precision manufacturing and fabrication jobs. These are skilled trades with the need for MIG & TIG Welders, brake press operators, fabricators, paint line workers, quality and more – all for the production of quality metal products and components for our customers.
A list of open positions are included below. We offer on the job training through DeWys University to help you grow in your career here. And, you’ll find competitive pay, benefits and a great company culture.
Be sure to check back often for new openings throughout DeWys. If you’re looking to get started in a new position or through DeWys University, please complete the application to get started.
DeWys Manufacturing is looking to add YOU to one of the following positions:
*We prefer NCRC Accreditations*
- Responsibilities will include:
- Cycle counting and auditing inventory around the shop
- Working closely with shipping and receiving and the materials department
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must have prior inventory and/or auditing experience
- Must have prior hilo experience
- Must be detail oriented and have computer skills
- Must be self motivated to work primarily on their own
- Responsibilities will include developing MIG and TIG weld skills in current and future team members
- Will work closely with our weld engineer to increase welder efficiency and overall weld quality
- Must have 5-10 years weld experience
- Leadership or training experience preferred
- Prefer someone to be able to work from 9:00am -6:00pm
- Responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing all production detail, quality, and job requirements of 2nd shift team members
- Work closely with team members to increase skill set, improve moral, and provide assistance as necessary
- Perform team member reviews and implement disciplinary action as needed
- Must have previous leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must have good written and communication skills
- Must be able to work with a variety of team members, management, and customers
- Must have working experience in welding, press brakes, machines, etc.
- Looking for additional welders to participate in the DeWys University training program
- Will be MIG welding on a variety of products and parts
- Must have some MIG welding experience and be willing to grind parts as necessary
- Must have prior machining experience or training
- Must have CNC Lathe and Mill experience
- Prefer experience in Haas Mills
- Must have math skills and ability to read a blue print
- Will be using a variety of general machines to cut, saw and tap material
- Learn how to operate a Bystronic Press Brake through the DeWys University training program
- Must have math and blue print reading skills
- Prior experience in operating a press brake is preferred
- Responsible for setting up and operating a robotic welder
- Also expected to grind parts as needed
- Prior weld experience or training is preferred
We now have two locations: DeWys Main and
DeWys Northridge Facilities
Inventory Control – 1st Shift
Team Lead – 2nd Shift at DeWys Main Facility
Welding – 2nd Shift & Weekend Shift at DeWys Main Facility
To find out more information about DeWys University Welding training click here.
Machinist – 2nd Shift and 3rd Shift at DeWys Main Facility
Press Brake Operators – 2nd Shift at DeWys Main Facility
To find out more information about DeWys University Press Brake training click here.
Robot Operator – 2nd Shift at DeWys Main Facility
For information on DeWys University training click here.