Skilled Trades & Manufacturing Jobs in Grand Rapids
DeWys Manufacturing continues to grow right here in West Michigan. To do so, we need dedicated team members who are capable of performing our type of precision manufacturing and fabrication jobs. We need people in of future team members in a variety of skilled trades occupations looking for an opportunity of growth, development, and advancement throughout their career. Along with a range of growth opportunities, we offer a variety of benefits including flexible scheduling, air-conditioned shop, and the benefits listed on the right of the screen.
At DeWys Mfg. we are focusing more on our culture as we continue to grow and move further down our road to success. The three main principles that make up DeWys’ Cultural Road to Success are Values, Attitude, and Beliefs. We feel that finding the right fit within a new hire is important for both DeWys and the new team member.
A list of open positions are included below. We offer on the job training through DeWys University to help you grow in your career here, as well as competitive pay up to $25 and full benefits.
Be sure to check back often for new openings throughout DeWys. If you’re looking to get started in a new position or through DeWys University, please complete the application to get started.
DeWys Manufacturing is looking to add YOU to one of the following positions:
*We prefer NCRC Accreditations*
- Responsibilities will include keeping the laser equipment running by loading/unloading material for team members in the cutting department
- Must be able to pass laser training
- Must be able to maintain a hilo license
- Need to have great communication and critical thinking skills
- Provides direction for the organization by developing short-term and long-term operational goals, budgets and business plans
- Works with other executive colleagues and departmental managers to implement plans and policies throughout the organization
- Determines ways to reduce costs, increase revenues, and improve overall company performance. Ensure targets are being met.
- Updates the company’s executives and advisory board on organizational operations, and progress toward goals
- Works closely with the President of DeWys as well and the Director of Business Development to ensure continued growth of the company.
- Provide day-to-day leadership to organization that mirrors the adopted mission and core values of the company that won the Best and Brightest award.
- Create a vision for a fast-growing company with more than 200 employees.
- Responsible for driving the company to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, cash flow and business goals and objectives.
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes internal and external. Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the company.
- Spearhead and research the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
- Motivate and lead a high-performance management team; attract, recruit and retain required members of the executive team not currently in place; provide mentoring as a cornerstone to the management career development program.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company.
- Provide coaching and mentorship to a cross functional team that includes, manufacturing, engineering, workforce development and innovation. Provide excellent communication and organizational skills that ensure a result-oriented team.
- Be on the leading edge of technology and business trends to ensure creativity and innovation for future growth of the organization.
- Instill and promote the DeWys culture and Road To Success (one page strategic plan) to all team members.
- Lead by example with excellent people skills.
- Ensures safety for all team members.
- Responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the maintenance team.
- Work closely with team members to increase skill set, improve morale, and provide assistance as necessary
- Perform team member reviews and implement disciplinary action as needed
- Must have previous leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
- Prefer maintenance experience
- Must have good written and communication skills
- Must be able to work with a variety of team members, management, and customers
- Looking for a candidate that is detail oriented with good communication skills for a 2nd shift assembly position
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to take direction and follow blue prints
- Prior assembly experience is preferred
- Learn how to operate a Bystronic Press Brake through the DeWys University training program
- Must have math and blue print reading skills
- Prior experience in operating a press brake is preferred
Laser Operator – 2nd Shift at DeWys Main Facility
Director of Operations
To apply, please send resume to email@example.com. Once reviewed, you will be contacted by DeWys’ HR team with additional application tasks.
Responsible for overall success of the Engineering, Workforce Development, Manufacturing and Innovation teams. Provides a unified vision and leadership while driving DeWys Manufacturing towards 50 million, expansion and acquisitions by performing the following duties:
Essential Functions & Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned).
This position will provide leadership to the Manufacturing, Engineering, Workforce Development and Innovation teams.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from college or university; or 10+ years related experience in leadership. Prefer 5+ years of manufacturing experience. Must possess good working knowledge of computers including Microsoft Word and Excel. Outstanding verbal and written skills. Excellent interpersonal communication, presentation and facilitation skills required.
Maintenance Facility Supervisor – 1st shift at DeWys Main Facility
Assembly – 2nd shift at DeWys Main Facility
Press Brake Operators – Weekend Shift at DeWys Main Facility
To find out more information about DeWys University Press Brake training click here.