Skilled Trades & Manufacturing Jobs in Grand Rapids
DeWys Manufacturing continues to grow right here in West Michigan. To do so, we need dedicated team members who are capable of our type of precision manufacturing and fabrication jobs. These are skilled trades with the need for MIG & TIG Welders, brake press operators, fabricators, paint line workers, quality and more – all for the production of quality metal products and components for our customers.
A list of open positions are included below. We offer on the job training through DeWys University to help you grow in your career here. And, you’ll find competitive pay, benefits and a great company culture.
Be sure to check back often for new openings throughout DeWys. If you’re looking to get started in a new position or through DeWys University, please complete the application to get started.
DeWys Manufacturing is looking to add YOU to one of the following positions:
*We prefer NCRC Accreditations*
- Responsibilities will include:
- Cycle counting and auditing inventory around the shop
- Working closely with shipping and receiving and the materials department
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must have prior inventory and/or auditing experience
- Must have prior hilo experience
- Must be detail oriented and have computer skills
- Must be self motivated to work primarily on their own
- Responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing all production detail, quality, and job requirements of 2nd shift team members
- Work closely with team members to increase skill set, improve moral, and provide assistance as necessary
- Perform team member reviews and implement disciplinary action as needed
- Must have previous leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must have good written and communication skills
- Must be able to work with a variety of team members, management, and customers
- Must have working experience in welding, press brakes, machines, etc.
- Prefer someone with maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must have prior preventative maintenance experience
- Must be able to perform maintenance on a variety of CNC Machines
- Must have good trouble shooting, problem solving, and communication skills
- Looking for a candidate that is detail oriented with good communication skills for a 2nd shift assembly position
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to take direction and follow blue prints
- Prior assembly experience is preferred
- Looking for 2nd shift powder coaters for the powder coating paint line
- Candidates for this position must have 6 months of powder coating experience
- Must also have good communication skills
- Willing to work overtime as necessary
We now have two locations: DeWys Main and
DeWys Northridge Facilities
Entry Level Positions – 1st, 2nd, 3rd, & Weekend Shifts at DeWys Main Facility
Currently offering a variety of entry level opportunities to learn a skills trade.
Must be willing to participate in training through DeWys University and become a motivated team member to help fulfill customer needs.
Inventory Control – 1st Shift
Team Lead – 2nd Shift at DeWys Main Facility
Maintenance – 3rd Shift at DeWys Main Facility
DeWys Manufacturing is looking for someone who has the ability to work independently and is interested in growing within the maintenance department in a industry leading manufacturing company.
Assembly – 2nd shift at DeWys Main Facility
Powder Coater – 2nd Shift at DeWys Main Facility
For more information on powder coating, click here.