Skilled Trades & Manufacturing Jobs in Grand Rapids
DeWys Manufacturing continues to grow right here in West Michigan. To do so, we need dedicated team members who are capable of performing our type of precision manufacturing and fabrication jobs. We need people in of future team members in a variety of skilled trades occupations looking for an opportunity of growth, development, and advancement throughout their career. Along with a range of growth opportunities, we offer a variety of benefits including flexible scheduling, air-conditioned shop, and the benefits listed on the right of the screen.
At DeWys Mfg. we are focusing more on our culture as we continue to grow and move further down our road to success. The three main principles that make up DeWys’ Cultural Road to Success are Values, Attitude, and Beliefs. We feel that finding the right fit within a new hire is important for both DeWys and the new team member.
A list of open positions are included below. We offer on the job training through DeWys University to help you grow in your career here, as well as competitive pay up to $25 and full benefits.
Be sure to check back often for new openings throughout DeWys. If you’re looking to get started in a new position or through DeWys University, please complete the application to get started.
DeWys Manufacturing is looking to add YOU to one of the following positions:
*We prefer NCRC Accreditations*
- Data entry
- Communicating with customers on a regular basis either in person, telephone or email; vising customers facilities to understand application of their products, processes and assist in a cooperative planning process
- Develop and maintain trusted long-term relationships with customers
- Facilitates customer expedite requests, order move out requests, and any order changes.
- Initiate engineer change requests following defined process.
- Manage new part numbers introduction ensuring accurate pricing and drawing revisions are on file.
- Manages and executes the order process with high quality; order entry, reviewing, staging, and acknowledging.
- Working with the master scheduler plans customer future needs based on customer forecasting, stocking agreements, or blanket purchase orders.
- Masters the customers’ portal to ensure timely order processing and confirmations as well as meet on-time delivery requirements.
- Collaborates with production team members to handle shortages, expedite requests, and tracking parts in production.
- Responds to all customer complaints regarding billing, services rendered, or products received, referring complaints of service failure to designated internal departments for further investigation.
- Assists quality assurance in rework, replacement or credit of nonconforming products.
- Must have prior customer service experience preferably in a manufacturing company. Prefer an associates degree in general business or equivalent
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, posses excellent typing skills and oral/written communication skills
- Need to be able to read, analyze, and interpret sales forecasts, contracts, technical procedures, government regulations and legal documents
- This position requires great attention to detail customer servant attitude, and must be a team player continually demonstrating desired performance and disciplines of the entire sales team
- Responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing production of the value streams
- Work closely with team members to increase skill set, improve moral, and provide assistance as necessary
- Perform team member reviews and implement disciplinary action as needed
- Must have previous leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must have good written and communication skills
- Must be able to work with a variety of team members, management, and customers
- Looking for a 2nd shift and Weekend shift general machine operator
- Will be trained to operate Haegers, Spot Welders, and other pieces of equipment.
- Must be willing to work the required shift and overtime as necessary
- Learn how to operate a Bystronic Press Brake through the DeWys University training program
- Must have math and blue print reading skills
- Prior experience in operating a press brake is preferred
Customer Service Representative
The Customer Service Representative role proactively services the needs of current and potential customers to maximize the customer experience. This role manages the customer account by responding to quote requests, technical product support, order management and customer concerns.
Responsibilities will include:
Team Lead – 2nd and Weekend Shifts
Currently have openings for 2nd shift value streams and the weekend crew
General Machine Operator – Weekend Shift (2)
DeWys Manufacturing is looking for a team member with good critical thinking skills and the drive to grow with the company.
This team member will be working 2nd shift on the weekend crew (5pm – 5am Fri, Sat, and Sun)
Press Brake Operators – 2nd & Weekend (1) Shifts
Looking for a press brake operator on both 2nd shift and day shift for the weekend crew.
To find out more information about DeWys University Press Brake training click here.